Yep, it's red alright

Alright, alright, AT...here's the update...and not much of one.

Family obligations last weekend put my plans of painting the ceiling on hold...that and a bad headache Sunday evening. Big colds seem to be going around these days making keeping on my schedule of Jan 22 kind of a bit of a pipe dream. But I will still continue to give it a shot.

After the family festiveness I headed to Home Depot and finally picked up my red paint for the kitchen walls.

It's called "Rapture" - CIL paints
Now I know what your thinking...that...looks....pink.

That's what I said to the HD guy. He told me it's a "progressive" colour - code words for: your going to have to do a lot of coats to make it the colour that you want it to be. The stumpy sized dept assistant who passed by the counter said that "that is the worst colour that a person can choose" because of the countless coats that are needed. Uh thanks...didn't recalling asking his opinion though.

So after 2 coats we have this:


I think that 3 coats will give me the colour that I am looking for. I just painted the strip of wall just above the backsplash because it was a small section and I could test how many coats I am going to need. It's red. Very red. But I think with all the white of the cupboards, trim and my white appliances, it will off-set the redness of the red.

My errands didn't take me just to Home Depot, I also stopped by one of my favourite decor places - VV Boutique (or, more accurately Value Village, our local thrift store). I picked up two items:


Not fancy, but it was a nice sized vase and I liked the olive green colour.

And then:







It's a toilet paper holder. Now I am not usually one for "kitch" and this is definitely something that is a little on the "kitchy" side but as a cat lover and person without something to put toilet paper on in her bathroom I found myself taking it home. And at $2, how could I refuse? But I didn't really like the blah grey that was used to paint it, so after routing around through my leftover paint, I found I had some black matte Tremclad so I gave it a makeover:

Nice small size for my small bathroom


Unfortunately that's all the updates that I have for you. I have to get that ceiling painted this weekend but once again my schedule is full with family and friend obligations. Not really the best time of the year to be trying to get things done. That and I have recently got back to going to the gym every other day, so that really puts a wrench in things, doesn't it?

Comments

  1. For kitch I like it! Maybe you should use that RED though! Love it! In small doses... like distracting from reality of TP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. impressive colour, that will make the cupboards stand out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts