A New Beginning

Well.

How to start this...

To say that the past year has lead to change for this blogger is the understatement of the century.

My last entry was June 11, 2014 - and nothing could have prepared me for what was to come in the month ahead.

First - unemployment. I was laid off around the middle of July from my big corporate job, only days after putting the condo on the market, in hopes of moving uptown. I was stunned...baffled...it was not something I anticipated or saw coming...and my world came crashing down.

After about a day or so of wandering around in a daze and lots of tears shed, I picked myself up and started to devise a plan - one hell of a crazy plan.

Not 2 months before all this, I had finally decided to go visit my Alberta friends, who had been bugging me for years to come out. The trip was paid for. There was no going back. So I decided to go forward with the trip, as the trip was part of my plan.

The Plan? Change. Big, huge, ginormous change. Scary change. Life-altering change.

So I went on the trip, that involved a visit to a northern Alberta city that I have never been to. I immediately felt good there.



No big city noise. No big city commutes. Everything was moments away. The Plan grew. Move. Move there. Move to a small city and start over.

So I did.

I put the condo back on the market. It sold within a week, for the highest ever paid for a 1 bedroom (have to believe that my "decor prowess" had something to do with that). I found a moving company. I secured a rental apt in my new city. I packed...and packed...and packed. I shipped my stuff. I rammed the car full of my final possessions and my reluctant cat.

Sinkin' a little low in the back

She was not amused

 On October 28th I left Scarborough. I drove and drove...my Grand Am packed to the rafters.


Two essentials = Lucky Bunny and a GPS (thanks Dad!)







I arrived in GP on November 1st and moved into my rental. I got a great job in about a month and a half, and I even bought a new car (this wasn't by total choice though...unfortunately BB (my car) was on her last legs - and not approved for driving in Alberta without a good $8,000 worth of repairs - , so I had to retire her (RIP BB) ). But, long live Darth Honda! :)

The rental sucked. Paper thin ceilings and dumpy building. So on a total whim - with the speed that someone buys a pack of gum at the check-out - I bought a 2 bedroom condo. Totally surprised everyone...heck, I surprised myself. I was back to being a home-owner again.

Sooooo...the fun begins, my dears. I once again have bought a "clean-slate". The walls are beige....blah beige. Screaming for inspiration and my personal touch.

It's now almost the end of July, and sad to say, I've barely done anything. But - no more! Time to get on it, and get back to what I love.

Hold on tight...it's time to get on with the show!



Love, Laugh, and Make it Gorgeous!

Blogger On The Run

Comments

Popular Posts