Extreme False Start


Boy, been gone a while.

I've had people tell me that I should get back to blogging my adventures in decor for a while now, so maybe it's time I get back to it.

OK, to catch y'all up on where the heck am I and all that.

A totally different world that this blogger is living in now. After feeble attempts to making GP my home, I decided that it was time to go. Left GP in 2018, moved to Calgary to start a new job at a hotel/resort. Sold my condo. Bought a new condo. Layla passed away 😞. Adopted a Siamese named Dillon. 2019 started. I got laid off. Went to Iceland. Got a new job after 5.5 months of unemployment. Developed mysterious hip and body pain. Became like a lab-rat as Dr's try to figure it out...still at that point as I post this. So it's been a challenge to make anything happen reno-wise during the past 6 months. I get exhausted easily and ache too much. Just kind of a train wreck at the moment.



But I am determined to make my condo a real home, instead of waiting until I decide to move to do any big changes - which seems to be my pattern.

I've done some things since I moved in and posted some on FB, but I think I will bring all that to this blog so you can see I haven't been a total slacker.

The condo was all builders beige when I moved in, which was great as I had a total clean slate to work from. There is definitely a huge list of to-do items that I am really hoping to make through by the end of the summer (but that maybe wishful thinking with my track record). Here it is:

Living room/kitchen
Paint walls - DONE
Focus wall behind TV - DONE
Replace lamps
Hang curtains
decorate island - DONE
get chairs for island - DONE
paint door

Half Bath
Paint walls - DONE
Frame mirror
Have a travel theme - lots of travel pics
Organizer for under the sink
remove big towel bar - DONE
install smaller towel bar - DONE

Bedroom
Paint Walls
Focus wall - IN PROGRESS
Add shelves to closet
Rehang curtain rod
Curtains

Ensuite
Paint walls
New shower curtain
new towels
new bathmat

So I managed to get a bit done.

I'm presently work on a focus wall in the bedroom. I won't give it away as to what I'm doing. Until I'm totally done, I'm going to keep it on the down-low.

The bad thing about it is the chaos that is my bedroom at the moment. I had to pull my bed away from the wall so I could work on it, and move my drawer and chair as well. So it's turned my bedroom into a tripping hazard as I have to navigate myself around furniture. The cats aren't particularly amused either.

Oh, and with the passing of my beautiful girl, Layla, I decided to bring a new member into the family:


This is my handsome boy, Dillon. He's an Applehead Siamese, now 7 years old, and soooo friendly. He loves to head-bump and give licks. He LOVES food. He's fit into my little family so well. Him and Gussen get along like brothers. He's always the first to greet me when I come through the door. Just love him.

So, here we go...

Love, Laugh, and Make it Gorgeous

Blogger On The Run

Comments

Popular Posts