The Grande Finale

Wow.

I'm done.

It's been a push over the last few months to get the condo in time for selling this summer, but the motivation of moving to an area I love kept me going, (that, and the weather finally succumbing to accept that it was indeed spring).

The only room I didn't get to was the laundry room. I debated over throwing up a coat of paint, but it's not really necessary. I think anyone looking at this place will be more focused on the fact that there is an actual laundry "room", not just a laundry "closet" (which is what most modern condos have these days). There's actual storage to be found. So I just gave it a good clean and left it up to the next owner to do as they please.

I'm proud of this place. I took such a small, dumpy space and made it a place to call home. I hope the person that buys this place appreciates the work that has been done, and maybe lives with it for a while before making their own mark.

So let's take a run through the "befores" and the "afters":



THE HALLWAY

Before...                                                                                                   After...






















THE BATHROOM

Before...                                                                                                   After... 




















THE LIVING/DINING ROOM

Before...                                                                                                   After...
 






THE SOLARIUM

Before...                                                                                                   After...
























THE KITCHEN

Before...                                                                                                   After...
 



















THE BEDROOM

Before...                                                                                                                After...
 














I did want to insert a final video tour of the place, but Blogger is not playing nice, and the video just won't upload. So I'll leave it for the time being - but if I ever get it to work, I'll post it up.
 
So, that's it. Everything is done. I've done my de-cluttering and cleaning this past weekend, and the Realtor arrives on Thursday night to take a look and, hopefully, get it on MLS in time for the weekend buyers. I'm hoping that this sale will be a quick one, and that I might be able to get into my new place by August.

I am going back to renting for now, which is a big step, but I feel it is the right one. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to get to the greater good. And I believe this new adventure will bring me to where I want to be.

But hey, that ain't going to stop me from decorating! It will be limited to the extent that I can decorate, but decorate I will. It's amazing all the tips and tricks there are out there...and how many you can conger up yourself. I will be trying as many tricks as possible, and passing along those that actually work and don't require a degree in engineering.

So stay tuned as I venture into the rental world again and show that just because it's "temporary" doesn't mean it has to feel that way!


Love, Laugh, and Make it Gorgeous

Blogger On The Run

Comments

Popular Posts