Welcome to the madness!

I bought a townhouse about 1 1/2 years ago (hard to believe that it has already been that long) and I am on a mission. The mission is to take this place from the lump of coal to a shiny diamond.

The former owners much have had blindfolds on when they painted this house. Paint on the ceiling, paint on the trim, slops on the cupboards. It was like they had 24 hours to paint the house and that's the amount of time they took. It is appalling and embarrassing for me to have people see my home in this state so I am repainting everything, pretty much top to bottom.

Now I do have some reno knowledge as my Dad is the true definition of Mr Fix-it. He is a perfectionist and extremely good at what he does. I am in awe of his knowledge and can only hope to gain a smidge of that knowledge. Like the Jedi Master of doing-it yourself.

I must admit I have been slacking. I should have a lot more done than I do but I hope to turn that around over the course of the winter. I am still iffing on a few things but in general I know what each room will look like. I enjoy design and I would describe my style as Eclectic Swedish Modern. Sleek lines but not void of being a comfortable place to be.

So enjoy my work as I stumble through reno-madness!

Comments

Popular Posts