I've finished....sorta...kinda

Ok, I still have a short list of things that I need to do to complete the living/dining room area:

-replace the 2 broken blinds
-get 2 new blinds for the front window
-find a piece of artwork for the living room
-replace (maybe) the ceiling fan

But finally...FINALLY...I can stop painting in orange!

And here is the wall art for the dining area:


Excuse the glare (it's from the lights in the ceiling fan). I really like the 4 mirrors. They reflect light into the space and the dark brown picks up the colours on the table mats. Definitely happy with the choice and that I remembered that I even had those things!

Now I can finally move onto something new. The kitchen.

In the meantime, namely until next weekend when I can get the ceiling paint that I need and slap it up, I debated on the hallway. Now I have the paint all ready to go but the hallway downstairs definitely needed something. There is no light in the hallway (only in the foyer area and upstairs in the hall) so it occured to me to try this:

looking from the living room into the hallway

mirror and metal - actually designed as an outdoor decoration




As you can see I have started applying primer but there are some nicks to spackle and sand before I can finish. It's a mirror art piece that I've had for a couple of years. Bought it at Canadian Tire for maybe $30. It's kind of heavy so I used my handy-dandy stud finder and found a stud to nail it into. It will look great with the stone coloured walls once it's done. The reflective qualities definitely help to bounce some light into the area.


So this coming weekend I will get the ceiling paint and have fun splattering myself with it as I put it on. And if there's time, get the rest of the kitchen wall spackled and primed. Definitely would like to see the kitchen done by the end of the holiday season but that might be a bit of a lofty goal.

Just glad to finally have the living/dining room done as that was the largest space in my house and required the most prep, wall wise.

Orange is awesome! I love it!

Comments

  1. I like it! You could also add something personal to the mirror area, in a small frame of similar size! Do collage style with Family pics?
    Have you checked out the home makeover blogs around here? my gosh!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts