The Master Bedroom

Living with an Easter egg purple bedroom has been unpleasant. I honestly don't know why I didn't change this a lot sooner. Overall it was a simple room to do, just big. My bedroom is oversized, comparing to most bedrooms out there, at 18.7' by 10.5'. It has a triple closet (double closet with an odd 3rd closet that is the size of a linen closet - but isn't the linen closet because I have one in the hallway, so not sure what to call it) and a large main window.

I decided to leave the option of curtains to the buyer and just install simple blinds instead. As there is no central a/c, I put two blinds on each window so that there would be room to accommodate a window a/c unit without losing the ability to keep the sunlight out.

So the priming began


As you can see, the cats did their part to help me with the priming. As cats who do not like the sound of scrunching plastic they both chose to take turns napping on the plastic drop-cloth.

It was an exhaustive paint job to do so I didn't take much pics during. Once the painting was done I got the blinds up. If you haven't tried to install blinds before - soooo easy. If you are installing two blinds like I did, first measure and find the centre of the window. Mark it. Put the brackets back-to-back and mark where the screw holes are going to go. Drill the holes. Insert the plastic wall hangers into the wall with a hammer. If they stick out a bit, trim with a sharp flat knife. Screw in the brackets. Use the blind itself to ensure that you properly place the other brackets. And hang the blinds. There you go.


Beyond that I just had some minor ceiling repair. I found that drywall plaster works great to camouflage holes on a popcorn ceiling.

this was a hole in the spare bedroom...
...but you can see how it helps to make it disappear


Not a fan of popcorn ceiling. But more not a fan of the mess that I would have to make to remove it.

So after a massive marathon of painting the master bedroom was finished.


Before:


yikes...excuse the mess
thanks again to Layla for her modeling services...luckily cat treats are a preferred form of payment

And after:



I love that picture...I was so happy to finally put it up

No rest for the weary though...time to move on to the catroom.

Comments

  1. Yowza! Those after pics are definetly show quality! Hopefully with your next place you can do this reno work for YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic job, what a dramatic change.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts